All Your Pleaser Heel Questions Answered!
There are hundreds of things that make Pole Dance awesome: the gains in physical and inner strength, finding yourself an amazingly supportive community, learning how to embrace the sex bomb that you are. But, far and away, one of the best things about Pole Dance is THE HEELS!! Heels that make you tower over muggles everywhere. Heels that glow, shine, sparkle and turn you into the fiercest version of yourself.
I remember buying my first pair of Pole Dance Heels
It took buying PGNZ and being constantly surrounded by beautiful heels and sparkly goodness before I finally bought a pair of heels. I had always freaked out about falling over and looking super awkward (I’m clumsy enough in bare feet and flow definitely doesn't come naturally lol!) But the amazing Pole Dance Unicorns around me kept telling me to go for it. I could always start off with an entry-level pair of 6” heels and move up from there – and that’s just what I did! My first pair of heels were the 6" Pleaser Aspire 608UV in Pink and I fell in love! The extra 6" of height on my little 5ft 3" body, the way made my legs and booty look, and they were surprisingly stable and super comfy! If that wasn't enough, I felt AMAZING in them! Sexy and confident. It was like my inner fierceness had been awoken!
However, word of warning.....without a word of a lie, it is guaranteed once you start with your first pair of Pleasers, you won't be able to stop!!
Here are some things to think about when buying your first (or next) pair of heels:
- Check the stiletto – Some styles have a slightly chunkier stiletto heel, which can be a great place to start if you’re not sure about tottering around on a pin head. Have a look at the Pleaser Kiss 209MG to begin.
- Straps can make all the difference – Straps come in different finishes: clear, patent, matte, and embellished. Clear straps sit higher on the foot and can be narrow; patent straps are good for those with wider feet. Boots give great ankle support and a patent finish is also stickier on the pole, which is something to consider when buying boots like the Pleaser Adore 1020 which is available in patent or matte.
- Heel clacks! – We love a good heel clack but some heels clack better than others. Clacking in embellished heels will only result in diamantes flying around the studio, which is heart-breaking. If you’re looking for a good, clean sound, try a clear heel. The Pleaser Adore 708G will clack like a dream and still let you sparkle and shine. Similarly, the Flamingo 808 will do the trick but is classic with its clear platform.
- Ankle straps are a must – Some styles, especially the body-building heels, do not have an ankle strap. If you’re swinging around a pole you don’t want to run the risk of a rogue heel flying off your foot. If you buy a pair without ankle straps, you can always add detachable ankle straps.
- Sizing is on the US scale, so many people tend to go up a size when buying and sometimes 2 with boots. Each size will gain you about 1/2 an inch in length. You don't want them too long, but you also don't want them too short. Having your toes hang over the end will only result in banged toes as you hit the ground, any dancer will tell you, you want to avoid this!!! If you know your UK or EU size, great let us know as Pleaser kindly prints this on the box! If you’re not sure on your size, drop us a message and we can help 😊
As you use your heels, like anything, they will wear out. This, of course, can be seen as an opportunity to buy new heels (yay!!) but there are some things that you can fix or work around. We’ve included some tips below:
· Peeling soles – Floorwork will often result in the soles of your heels peeling away. A good superglue can remedy the situation but prevention is the key here. When you buy a new pair of heels, try shaving down the edge. Pleaser have recently redesigned the rubber sole on their shoes, so as older stocks phase out this won't be a common issue!
Here’s a video to show you how:
· Tight straps – Your want your heels to fit tightly to give proper support but if they are a bit too snug, chuck on a pair of socks and wear them around the house for bit. If they are still a bit sung, hit them with the hairdryer. This can help to soften and stretch the straps slightly, for a more comfortable fit.
· Cracked or broken straps – If you snap your ankle straps, don’t fret! Cut the straps off and buy yourself a new pair of detachable straps or wear your newly strapless heels with legwarmers (just slip the heel through the heel hole).
· Scuffing and fading finish – Sliding your heels along floor, you’ll find they scuff and the colour comes off. A quick fix is finding a matching Sharpie and colouring in the bits that have come off or slip cut-off stocks over the platform of your shoe. If you want to avoid covering up their prettiness but also protect them Shine Platform Armour are your best bet! Clear heel covers designed specifically for your hell type. They will stop any damage whilst still being able to see all their glitter and sparkle!
Have we convinced you that it is time to take the plunge?
So, are you ready to pop you Pleaser cherry or add a new pair to your collection? Jump onto the Pole Gear NZ website and get shopping. And don't forget, if you have any questions just drop us a line through our Contact Us page on the website xxx
- PoleGearNZ Admin